About the EDC
The Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic Development Corporation (GFMEDC) is a catalyst for economic growth and prosperity. Using a comprehensive approach to economic development, the GFMEDC accelerates job and wealth creation in Cass County, ND and Clay County, Minn.
The GFMEDC will:
- Lead the development of a robust economy where people and businesses thrive.
- Strategically pursue job creation and business attraction.
- Work with K-12, higher education and industry to ensure a strong talent pipeline.
- Support a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Create collaboration between public and private sectors.
We have a magnificent product to sell. Greater Fargo Moorhead and companies located here benefit from a business-friendly environment, a well-developed and reliable infrastructure, exceptional higher education and research institutions, and a culture of hard work and collaboration.
The GFMEDC, a non-profit organization, is funded both privately and publicly. Primary-sector, retail, and service-oriented businesses invest in our efforts, and the Cass and Clay County Commissions and the cities of Fargo, West Fargo, Moorhead and Casselton provide public funding.
The GFMEDC is building Greater Fargo Moorhead by:
- A strong focus on demand-driven workforce development.
- Retaining and expanding existing businesses and industries.
- Attracting new businesses and industries.
- Initiating, facilitating and supporting traditional and high-tech infrastructure enhancement initiatives.
To benefit the larger business community, the GFMEDC:
- Advocates for business-friendly public policies.
- Facilitates activities that bring companies, educators and civic leaders together in ways that make something greater possible.
- Leads efforts to formulate a clear, aggressive vision for our future.
- Promotes Fargo Moorhead as a business, education and career destination.